Pages

9.22.2010

TIME

A series of numbers
A series of bills
Measured by wrinkles
Marked by thrills

A series of smiles
The accumulation of piles
The changing of styles
and passing of miles

Numbers around a face
Numbers in a box
Make us run the race
Make us bolt the locks

Who can outrun time?
It follows where you go
You can't ignore its chime
It defines what we know

I once knew someone
Free of its hold
But that same someone
Was a departed soul

It measures our success
and keeps us on a roll
Without it we're a mess
Completely uncontrolled

Trains pass tracks
and never collide
Time curls our backs
and controls the dancer's stride

I couldn't outrun Time
It followed where I went
Desertion was a crime
and away I was sent

If you try to escape
Tell me how it goes
I'll meet you on the side
Of the departed souls

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous23/9/10 22:32

    Original Haiku:

    Time

    Time flies up, onward
    Like the heedless, wispy cloud
    We cannot halt it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! I'll have to try to write some Haikus. : )

    ReplyDelete