Pages

11.10.2010

You'll Never Know

The things I've seen
you'll never know
The places I've been
you daren't go

This world is broken
and without warning
You'll sink into night
waiting for morning

On cold nights like this
I sit and wait
For them to find me
and clench my fate

I see shadows
and know they lurk
Dead faces in capes
smile and smirk

Sharp teeth glimmer
and cold fists clench
Black mouths open
and release their stench

They hold you tight
and drag you outside
Although you fight
Their mouths gape wide

The screeching begins
and hollows you out
This is the end
there is no doubt

They pull the life out
from everywhere inside
Nothing is safe
All hope is denied

When they leave you
you're just a shell
You've become a ghost
just this side of Hell

You'll laugh at dawn
You'll screech at noon
You'll cry at nightfall
and howl at the moon

The things I've seen
you'll never know
The places I've been
you daren't go

I've been broken
like those before me
and nothing will ever -
can ever restore me

.....

I intended to sit down and write a happy poem tonight but unfortunately this is what came out. It probably has something to do with the sub-zero temperatures in my room (not literally), the recent passing of Halloween and and the upcoming release of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. It's been years since I read a Harry Potter book but I remember being very creeped out by the Dementors. I guess on nights like this I can be VERY grateful Dementors don't exist and I will never know what it is like to experience the "Dementor's kiss." The human imagination can sure conjure up some pretty awful things!

1 comment:

  1. Gee...dark stuff. Point demands counterpoint. This has optimism and light to it, yet it's also realistic and profound rather than fluffy.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nflIqPz9xG0

    Take two and call me in the morning.

    ReplyDelete