Pages

12.24.2012

One Day More



We interrupt your regularly scheduled program for this important announcement: “Les Misérables” is finally coming to theaters tomorrow!!!

I flew home for Christmas on Friday night and I haven’t had time to complete another South Africa post since then. I still have two more posts to write and my goal is to have them done before New Year’s Day. Being home for the holidays is great and there are many fun distractions to choose from. Tomorrow my family and I will see “Les Misérables” at the movie theater. I heard it got some pretty mediocre reviews and I’m slightly worried it will be disappointing. It is no exaggeration that I have been waiting for this movie for 20 years. I have seen the play live 10 times - eight times in San Francisco, once in Utah, and once in London.  My mom still has the souvenir brochures we bought during our first few trips to see the play. In the back cover of one of the brochures there is an advertisement the proved to be the biggest fake-out of my childhood: “In 1992 she will be going to the cinema. Tri-Star Pictures and Cameron Mackintosh present Les Misérables.” The second-biggest fake-out of my childhood was hearing that Les Miz would be a movie in 1998 but, alas, it would not be a musical version.

It’s been a long time coming but I’m so so so so happy I only have to wait one more dawn, one more day, one day more!


1 comment:

  1. What did you think? I read the whole thing before the movie and then felt extremely disappointed.

    ReplyDelete