Pages

12.17.2010

It's the Final Countdown!

Last night I was watching one of my favorite shows ("The Sing Off") and after being eliminated one of the groups sang "This is the Final Countdown," as their swan song. I was surprised when I recognized it. I didn't even know the song had a name - I just always called it "Gob's song." (Gob Bluth is a very dysfunctional character on "Arrested Development," another one of my favorite shows.) While it was fun to sit back and watch TV last night, I am now less than 24 hours away from taking the dreaded, the terrible GMAT. The strangest thing is that I don't feel dread or terror (though I've definitely felt it during the past two and a half months of studying.) I've reached that point where I'm ready to get it over with. I have to trust that all of this preparation (and money! oh, the money) will pay off. While I should be hunkering down for another solid night of studying, I will instead be going to the company Christmas party. It looks like I'm going to pull a Gob and fly by the seat of my pants and make some MAGIC happen tomorrow. I'll definitely use his tactic of playing inspiring music (dun du dun-duh! dun dun du-du-duh!), though I think I'll skip dancing around with a knife in my teeth. This one's for you, Gob. Tomorrow I'm going to pull off the greatest illusion ever (i.e., convincing the GMAT that I'm smart)! For now, I've got hair to curl and sequins to don!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1iVRV09mRo


3 comments:

  1. Good luck Amber!! I'm sure you'll do great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOVE THIS. Of course. during the show promos I kept busting out in the GOB song because they were using it. Love it. Thx for making my night now I can imagine you taking your test with this awesome music in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Drink plenty of water before you take your test. A dehydrated brain doesn't work as well as a hydrated one. Easy on the salt for breakfast, too.

    ReplyDelete